Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Looking back over the last year.

Lucas celebrated his first birthday last week. It was a really hard week for me. I don't know if it was because I think this is our last or because he's been such a joy or because I just love babies so much, but I really mourned him turning one. It was a rough day for me.

So I thought I'd look back on the last year, month by month, to see how much Lucas has changed. And how we have loved every minute of him. You'll also see that *he* didn't mourn a MINUTE of his first birthday celebrations. :)

Lucas is doing great. He's such a happy kid. He's really walking now - attempting to walk aroud the house instead of crawling to his next destination. He LOVES to make noise - by banging with his hands or even better, with anything long and hard, like a dowel rod or plastic baseball bat. :) When he's not hitting things with hard objects, he's dancing to music (any kind, even music on TV shows or commercials) or wanting to read books. Over. And over. And over. He would read the same book 20 times in a row if I let him.

He weighed in at 19.5 pounds and 28.5 inches at his well-child visit. Such a big boy! I mean, not really, he's really in like the 15th percentile, but it's all relative. :)

The girls are still just as completely smitten with him as the day he was born. They really find so much joy in him, and him in them. It's really wonderful to see it in action.

We're looking forward to the holidays, spending Thanksgiving with family. It's so crazy to think that we had a 2-week old baby last Thanksgiving. How time flies...

Will update soon. Promise. :)

1 comment: