Friday, December 14, 2007

Last week in review :)

So, last week was CRAZY! Alaina had Nutcracker rehearsal every night from 5:30 to 7:30 or later and then a 7pm performance Friday and a 2pm and 7pm performance on Saturday. It was a tiring week for Alaina, even though she loved it - being with the "big ballerinas" and wearing make-up and seeing all the beautiful costumes. But let me say again, it was a tiring week for Alaina. A week later, we're still recuperating!

It was well worth it! :)

We so enjoyed watching Alaina perform in the Nutcracker! She was so sweet - her little mouse head was so big (as seen below) and it didn't get pinned in very well, so it was falling off and she was trying so hard to not mess with it. She was just grinning from ear to ear and was really off in her own little world the whole performance.
As an angel, she was "squinting" (her word) into the crowd trying to find us. She's so dramatic. This was right up her alley.
I used to think she was ballet crazy before the Nutcracker - now I know! She told me (so dramatically and seriously) the other day on the way to school that she just can't think of anything else now and just keeps "remembering the Nutcracker in my head all the time! Mommy, I just keep dancing it in my head!"

What have we transformed her into?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Alaina in the Nutcracker. Neat!! I assume that was downtown? Can you put up a picture of your kitchen finished? I want to see!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete