Friday, April 4, 2008

YEA for Cami!!!

Today, Cami went potty on the "big girl potty" for the first time!!!!

Cami found some of Alaina's first panties about 2 weeks ago, when we were getting down the next size clothing for the spring and our trip to Puerto Rico. Ever since, she's been asking to wear them. She LOVES to wear them, and then gets mad when she has to put a diaper back on - BUT, she would NOT go to the bathroom on the toilet. She would just hold it as long as she could (up to 2-3 hours!) and then pee all over the floor.

Today, she did that same thing. Was dry for hours and then peed on my bedroom floor. (Luckily, we have no carpet in our house, so cleaning it up isn't that big of a deal.) So, I finally decided to ditch the panties idea and not let her wear them for a while. Well, after a LONG time of fighting to put a diaper on, she told Alaina and Alaina's friend Addie that she had to go "poo-poo". (She calls both #1 and #2 "poo-poo".) I ignored it, and she kept coming back to me saying it. So, I thought, what the heck.

I took her diaper off, put her on her little seat on the toilet, and walked away to finish making lunch. All of a sudden I hear her tinkling away!! I looked over and she was looking at me with this HUGE grin on her face!

Hopefully she's not scared of it anymore. I'm tired of diapers. :)

I'll post more this weekend about Easter and our trip to Puerto Rico. We have fun pictures to share!

Love you all!
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment