Friday, December 10, 2010

One month

Today, Luke is one month old.  It's so crazy thinking that 4 weeks ago today we brought him home from the hospital.  He has grown to 8 lbs. 7 oz. and 21 in.  This puts him in the 15th percentile for weight and about the 25th for length. 

I can see changes already in him beyond the physical growth.  He is so close to smiling at me - his face is starting to light up when he sees one of us and I work daily on getting him to smile at me.  (I want him to smile at me first!)  He is making lots of little noises and is intently looking at objects now.

One month.  Already.  Soon he's going to be 8 years old. :)

The girls are really enjoying Lucas, though they are pretty busy on their own these days!  Cami is in preschool 3 mornings a week.  She's doing a great job learning her letters and numbers and is starting to write much better.  She will be in her first Christmas program next Wednesday and is singing her songs all the time to practice!  At home, she LOVES to help out right now - she cleans the bathroom sink several times a week, helps me make dinner, etc. 

Alaina is doing well in school.  She is working on a mammal project right now - she was assigned the mouse.  She really wanted the otter, but unfortunately wasn't given her first choice.  She had to research the mouse in three different books and is now putting together a binder about its characteristics.  She'll be missing her Christmas concert at school this year due to Nutcracker rehearsals.  She's in the Indianapolis School of Ballet's production this year (her ballet school as well) and she's a soldier.  She's VERY excited.  She heard a commercial on Radio Disney for it the other day and was SO excited she was jumping up and down as she was telling me "I'm going to be famous!!" :)

I am getting into my new work schedule slowly.  Working from home with a 1 month old is harder than I thought - Luke is a good baby,  but it seems like every time I want to sit down and work he wakes up from a nap or is extremely fussy and needs held.  So I'm trying to work through that and figure it all out.

And the winter weather doesn't help me at all.  Winter is always a hard time of the year for me - I really hate the cold and snow, so I struggle to get through those months.  And being stuck inside with a newborn is going to add to that I'm sure.  So I'll probably be writing more often to get out my SAD feelings so I don't take them out on my family. :)

Today I told Luke that I was so thankful he was here and that we chose to have him.  I hope you are thankful for your blessings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment