Monday, February 25, 2008

Sickly

That's a good word to describe our family over the last 2-3 weeks.

It started with Alaina throwing up one time in the middle of the night. Since then, I've had a stomach bug and influenza in the same week. Then Cami got sick on Valentine's night - proceeding to throw up time after time, all over her bed several times, then all over the floor, the couch and me. The next two days were sad to watch - no more throwing up, but also no eating or drinking, with a fever, chills and lots of cuddles. The next week, Adam was home on the couch from 5:30 pm until the next morning with a stomach bug.

It has now culminated with Alaina. I took her in this afternoon with the expectation of hearing "ear infection" because she was crying and holding her right ear all night on Sunday. Well, wrong. After looking at her quickly, the doctor said, "Nope, no ear infection. But I'd bet she has strep." 5 minutes later, her strep test came back positive. He said it explains all of her symptoms over the last 2 days.

I'm sure ready for Spring. But it's sleeting right now with snow forecasted for tomorrow.

A light at the end of the tunnel would be nice...

Have I mentioned that I hate winter???

3 comments:

  1. Katie...I am with you! I am done with this weather and ready for Spring! So sorry to hear that you have all been feeling yucky! Isn't is just the worst when your little ones are sick? You just want to cuddle them all day long. Well here's to everyone feeling better and warm weather on the way...hopefully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have two letters for you: KL. How about equator life and eternal summer? We missed the fall, but it sure is nice come February.

    Truly, we've been blessed at how healthy everyone is -- I'm sure the weather plays some part. PTL.

    Hope everyone gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that was Doug's post, so I'll just comment that sick kids is so stressful! The equator may not be the main reason we've been so healthy. we have friends here whose kids are sick quite a lot. Who knows? Stress or bugs from school? Hope you're all starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete