Saturday, January 1, 2011

More or Less?

My friend Emily wrote about her word of the year for 2011: less. I think she's definitely on to something. I could quote her whole list of "lesses" word for word.

But as I think more about it, I am quite thankful for the more in 2010.

More (wonderful & not) days with my girls.
More joy in a new baby that we wanted for the entire year (and most of 2009).  
More time with family we don't get to see enough.
More curing of cancer.

Don't get me wrong. I'm fully embracing Emily's "less is more" concept for 2011. Partially by need - financially this year, we don't have an option to not embrace "less" since I'm working so little.  But I pray that the rest of me embraces "less" from my heart.

One thing Adam's looking forward to more in 2011: testosterone.

No comments:

Post a Comment